Poor blood circulation can be caused either, due to environmental factors, unhealthy diet or lack of exercise. Thus, it’s essential to choose the right and rich foods and sustain a healthy lifestyle in order to enhance your blood circulation. So, here are some super nutritious foods that actually boost your circulation and overall cardiovascular health.
1. Oranges: Oranges and other citrus foods are thought to improve blood circulation in an effective way. They are highly rich in Vitamin C that is efficient blood thinners by nature. They help prevent the formation of plaque that leads to poor circulation and strengthen capillary walls for smooth circulation.
2. Garlic: It’s good to add garlic to our daily diet. It has various vital uses and one of them is it cleans up our blood and prevent develop plaque that slows down our circulation.
3. Foods with Lycopene: Foods that are highly rich in a powerful antioxidant- Lycopene do not only improve our blood circulation but also help prevent major heart diseases. It is basically natural pigment, which provides reddish color to certain foods. Super foods containing Lycopene are as follows:
- Pink grape fruit
4. Goji Berries: These berries are also popular as wolf berries. They have been used as Chinese medicine for many years and are generally eaten dried, just like a raisin. These super foods are available at all health food stores and other Asian markets.
5. Nuts and Seeds: All nuts and seeds are highly rich in Vitamin E that helps reduce blood clots formation. They are used in the development of more and more blood cells and help protect against free radical damage. Following are some helpful nuts that boost up your blood circulation:
- Pumpkin seeds
6. Dark Chocolate: It seems surprising how dark chocolate can help boost your circulation. But Cocoa contains great amount of flavonoids that are extracted from fruits and plants and help improve circulation.
7. Root Ginger: Ginger is popular for reducing the feeling of nausea and digestion problems and also increases circulation in your hands and legs. It can be included in your meals and can be eaten raw.
8. Avocados: The best part of avocados is that it contains high amount of Omega-3 fatty acids. It contains all heart-healthy elements that help encourage cardiovascular system and boost up blood circulation.
9. Cayenne Pepper: It is available as fresh pepper and can also be eaten as dried spice. It has been linked with increasing metabolic rate and helps strengthen your vessels and arteries. It is the healthiest food and superbly compliments with your salad and juice.
10. Gingko Biloba: This food is one of the oldest tree species that strengthen your capillary walls and vessels, as a result improves blood flow. It has been found that this food is thought to enhance blood flow to the brain. So, why not include one of these super foods in our diet and stay healthy for lifetime? Don’t forget to add sufficient amount of exercise to your daily routine which also helps to boost the blood circulation. Good Luck!