- 1/4 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 salmon fillets (about 3 lb.)
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups Swanson Chicken Broth (regular, Natural Goodness or Certified
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves OR 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 3 tbsp. butter OR margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots OR onion
PLACE bread crumbs, almonds and garlic in blender or food processor. Cover and
blend until finely ground. With blender running, slowly add olive oil and blend
until moist. ARRANGE salmon in large roasting pan. Divide bread crumb mixture evenly among salmon and press to adhere.
BAKE at 400°F. for 15 min. or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork
and crumbs are slightly golden. Keep warm. MIX cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and thyme until smooth. Set aside.
HEAT 2 tbsp. butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook
until tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add. Heat to a boil. Cook, stirring
constantly, until sauce thickens. Stir in remaining butter until melted. Serve
salmon with sauce.