- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- GLAZE(recipe follows)
1. Heat oven to 375°. Stir sugar, margarine, shortening, almond extract and
eggs in large bowl until well mixed. Stir in flour and almonds.
2. Shape dough into 1-1/4-inch balls. Roll each ball into rope, 6 inches long.
Form each rope into circle, crossing ends and tucking under. Place on ungreased
3. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set but not brown. remove from cookie sheet.
Cool completely. Spread with Glaze, and decorate as desired. About 6 dozen
Glaze: Stir together 3 cups powdered sugar, 4 to 5 tablespoons milk and, if
desired, food color until thin enough to drizzle.