Meal planning is a simple process, asking yourself “what’s for dinner?” once a week instead of having to ask it of yourself every day, saving you time, money, and even lowering your stress. It’s simple and involves three steps –
- List out the selected dinners for the following week with recipes, if needed,
- Shop for ingredients and
- finally, prepare those ingredients
Meal Planning Offers Several Benefits –
- You save time by learning to manage it better. Instead of standing before your open refrigerator door confused and undecided about what you’re going to prepare today, you can use the time saved more productively or even take a nap.
- It will not just save you aimless and frequent trips to the grocery store but also impulse buying of unnecessary items that would otherwise be wasted. Buying in bulk is cheaper as well, which again saves you money.
- If your meals are going to be planned, they are going to be planned to keep your health in mind. You can plan your diet based on your nutritional needs, and remove all the unhealthy options. Seeing as many of the unhealthy food choices we make are made because of convenience, it’s easier to resist the temptation of picking up something unhealthy on the way home if you know there’s a meal waiting for you.
- If you’re on a weight loss program, advanced preparation can help you manage your portion sizes, making it less likely for you to overeat.
- Going to the grocery store armed with appropriate planning, well aware of what and how much exactly you need to buy, you’ll not have to worry about any food going to waste.
- Meals organized ahead of time can reduce the number of times you ask yourself the stressful ‘what’s for dinner?’ question every day in front of the fridge. There have been times when I wake up worrying about what to have for breakfast. A few minutes of advanced planning saves me the need to bother with it every day
- Getting swept in the fast pace of life and getting lost in our busy schedules, we tend to cook the same thing again and again. Meal planning can bring the spice called variety to your life making you look forward to meals with some anticipation.
There Are Some Things You Should Keep in Mind Though –
- Planning the meal doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to eat out in your favorite restaurant once in a while. You can plan to cook anything or nothing at all. The important thing is planning in advance
- Keep your plan flexible
- You can always have your meals planned for you. Yes, just visit Meal Plan London to learn more.